Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Living a life of thankfulness


Do you have a thankful heart?
Do you cherish all that is around you?
Do you live knowing that at any moment......your life could change in the blink of an eye?

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
James 4:14

I want to live each and every day savoring all that is around me.

As I stared at this photo this morning, my heart was overflowing.
Just by looking at this picture, I am thankful for.....

...my best friend - this precious man that God has given
me whom words alone cannot express my thankfulness for him...
...the joy of sharing laughter...
...the beauty of the sunlight on a warm Fall day...
(have I mentioned how much I LOVE the Fall....don't even get me going there!)
...the beauty of the trees around us....
...remembering the singing of all the birds in those trees...
...the PRECIOUS friends that hosted us and shared such
beautiful hospitality with us......
...the JOY of life.....

And yet, I can go there too......to that place of self-pity, of anger, of all
those feelings and emotions that can so quickly come upon me.....
But.
but, but, but!
I don't have to stay there!!!!!
That is when I am humbled, to get on my knees and know
that I am nothing.

He is my everything.
And I am so.....here it is......it's coming......
wait for it...
waaaaait for it:

Thankful.

For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.
Matthew 12:34
Live today, each and every moment, for Him.
Blessings ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)