Friday, September 17, 2010

A weekend on the farm......

What is it, you ask??
*DA DA DUUUUUUUMMM...
*think dramatic music

A honey extractor!
And we, having sweet little honeybees that we call our own
(6 hives to be exact)
needed this fine contraption to share some of their honey goodness....

The girl.
Ready to tackle the hives with her dad.....


Seriously cool stuff here.
This knife heats up and removes the wax off the frame


That, my friends, is gold......
***honey***


.....still more......



..some of the wax....



...then the frames go into the extractor, and get spun around
and around.....



...here it is, here it is....wait for it....say it with me....
**beautiful wild raw honey**




....it just wouldn't be right if we couldn't chew on some of
that honeycomb......


The beautiful end result !
This actually isn't' much - next year we hope to get WAAAAY more.
We were only able to get honey off 2 of our hives this year.
Seriously cool.

On to other cool stuff - my garden fresh dill.....


Drying herbs.......


Tomato goodness.


Sweet Relish, and sweet pickles......

Dill pickles ('member the fresh dill? ooo yea....)


Our home.
Oh my WORD, how I love this little home!
I want to live the rest of my days here.
(it even comes complete with a chocolate Lab on front porch!)


Our latest project: this area is soon to be full of
Blueberry plants!
Very. Very cool.


The main man behind it all.
My hard working handsome dude....oh how I love this guy.....


The kids help in each and every area on this family farm of ours!

How cool is that?



Yea.
Like I said, we put them kids to work!
We are all so very blessed.
And content.
And full of joy.
And love.
And so very thankful and grateful for all that
The Lord
has done for us!

*~*
Blessings.



















10 comments:

Kimmy said...

As always, you have inspired me with all of your projects! The honey-making thing is awesome! I remember watching the Sesame Street clip on making honey when I was I kid . . . always wished I could do it. And your produce is amazing! And your house is so sweet (so is the dog :) and blueberries--yes, you are definitely inspiring! Thanks for posting all the pictures.

Amy Kinser said...

I am very excited that you left a comment on my blog because now I can keep up with yours. Your honey looks amazing. I buy local honey when I can find it. I try to use honey in as much as possible when baking. I am a little envious over your bees.

We also homeschool and love it. I love find other home school moms on here.

I will be following you and can't wait to see what your family is doing next.

Ok...I am trying to figure out how to follow you and can't find a follow button...help....

e-Mom said...

Your joy is just spilling out all over... love it Kristy! This "city girl" always learns SO much from you!

I hope you can stay put there the rest of your days.

((Hugs)) e-Mom ღ

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I love the beautiful views from your home. That honey looks incredible too. Oh, how I love honey. I'm not really even much of a sweets girl, except for honey. When I was a little girl I wanted a peanut butter and honey sandwich every day. Not jelly, ever. It's still one of my favorites :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Laurie in Ca. said...

I love that you share your life with us here:) Such joy in your words and it makes my spirit smile. The honey is amazing Kristy. We have a hive in our back yard too, though we had nothing to do with it:) Hundreds of bees have taken over one of the bird houses and that place is a buzzing factory. The house is so heavy and don't know what to do next? We aren't gonna disturb these guys. Love you tons and so happy you are so happy:)

Love and Hugs, Laurie

The Ferrill's said...

My goodness you have been a "busy bee" (hee hee I couldn't resist) since I last checked in!
Looks like lots of fun going on at your home! I wanna be there! ;)
You're living this farm girl wanna-be-but-know-I-couldn't-cut-it girl's dream life! ;)
Hugs to your whole precious crew!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Kristy!

Wow...lots of fun is going on over at your house! That's alot of honey...how rewarding! Love how you've put your kids to work...you're my kind of gal! And your home is just lovely....it just looks like a cozy loving family lives there! Your little peanut from China is adorable, by the way!

Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit! I'm looking forward to getting to know you more!

Blessings,
Tammy

Farmchick said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comment that you left on my blog ....I am so glad to meet you and happy to have found your blog too. :)

I will be back...hope to see you back at my farm real soon! :)

Rachelle said...

And I call myself a farmer's wife, wow....you outshine me :(

You are awesome friend!!

Sharon said...

That is beyond cool!!! You are amazing. What a home you provide.