Monday, March 08, 2010

Surgery #1 DONE

The day finally arrived last Friday;
Ellie's first hand surgery !

Here is where we spent our time - Shriner's!

And here is where we spent our time...waiting !!
This poor little peanut didn't have her 'turn' (as she calls it), until 3:30!
No food, no drink - all day.
She didn't complain......not once.
Yea - wow.

She was so excited ...........




...and then there came the 'after'. Oh my.
It was rough.
Very rough.
She woke up in recovery screaming and thrashing saying "it hurts"......
It
was
awful.
There was nothing we could do, they were giving her morphine and telling
me to talk to her in her ear to calm her down.
Then the room got black.
The next thing I know the nurse is sitting me in a chair
and shoving my head between my legs.
All the while I'm hearing her yelling my name.
So, I got up again only to have a chair pushed back under me - and this time they had
my main man (who is my hero by the way) pick her up
and rock her.
The meds finally kicked in and everyone calmed down......
sweet baby girl.

Waking up from the sleep-snore-state-after-the-crazy-recovery-fiasco
in her room to see mom !

(who this time was not going to pass out)


Even Dora got a cast on her arm!



The next morning she was a totally different kiddo - ready to play!
And Shriner's has some COOL play !


Still not herself - this is more pain-medicine-loopiness!


But after being home a couple of days we TOTALLY
are seeing Miss Ellie Bellie Bean come around.....


Yes - the joy of goofiness.
She's back to her silly self!
We are not even needing much in the meds department either!
Thank you Lord.
~*~
Thank YOU for praying!!
We totally felt it ~ we are so Blessed.
Until next time....
Blessings ~













9 comments:

Kimmy said...

Thanks for the update, Kristy. You have all been on my mind and in my prayers the last several days, especially your little girl.

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I'm glad she's doing better. I missed the post about her having surgery, but I'll be praying that she recovers quickly. I pass out so easily. Even with 6 kids. In fact, if mine come in bleeding with a skinned up knee, we go in to clean them up and I sit on the floor...just in case.
Blessings,
Marcia

Amy said...

praying for you all!!
hugs!

Laurie in Ca. said...

I completely identify with the blacking out Kristy. Did it a few times myself:) I love these pictures of her goofiness and the cast on the Dora balloon just cracks me up:)!! My Hannah adores Dora and is in love with Diego!! Praying for a speedy and wonderful recovery for this precious little peanut. I can't believe how big she has gotten.! I love you girl and am praying for Gods blessings all over you and the family.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Lori said...

Your post brought me to tears! I must have missed you posting about this coming up. I'll be praying and reading back over your posts. I follow your blog on my gmail. I have a had full of people that I read often. Can't believe I missed this. I'm glad everything is turning out ok So now what is next?

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I didn't have an email address but wanted to thank you for your sweet comments. If you're studying WWII, you'll get lots of info from the book. She doesn't share from a Christian perspective like Corrie ten Boom, but she's a very moral woman and gave such a good overall view of what that war was like. I'm glad your little girl is doing well.
Blessings,
Marcia

Servant of the Most High said...

Hi,

Here's a blog that serves for your spiritual needs, and will surely be a blessing for you!

This blog has messages from the Holy Scriptures, taught by the Spirit of God.
These will teach us how to have God in all the aspects of our lives and have God's rule over every matter :

www.holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com

Have a blessed reading and gladly write back if you need any prayer help.

God bless you and your family.

Colin and Jill Canada said...

I just found you again. I followed your journey to China for Ellie and home for a while too. I must have lost you somewhere along the line. I can still remember your daughter singing in China. Adorable.

LOOK how she has grown, my oh my. I can't get over it. And now she's had her first surgery. She is wonderful, always was.

What a great God we have.
Jill

Sharon said...

What a brave, happy girl!! LOve the dora cast and the fish lips!! What an amazing family you all are ! God Bless and happy easter!!!!!!!!