Thursday, November 06, 2008

Truth.

My beautiful friend Kristi wrote this on her blog (and I'm borrowing it!).........
Like it or not, she hits the nail exactly on the head.
Read on:
One of the good things about not watching TV or having much contact with media other than the computer, is that you don't hear EVERYTHING about an election. Especially during an election that lasted SO LONG. Of course, I knew the candidates and what they stood for, but I didn't get caught up in the frenzy. I could really see it from a very unbiased point of view. In the past I've really cared about who won, but not so much this year. Of course I care, but I don't see it as a matter of the demise of our country. We watched John McCain give his concession speech and Obama fans cheering for our new president last night. It was all very strange to see. What bothered me the most was how hyped up everyone was over the outcome. The enormous fans for Obama cheering like he is going to save their lives or something. Even if McCain had won, I would say the same thing. Our country is not doing poorly economically because of who our president is, we are in this position because of greed. The greed of the people. It's not a matter of the greed of the government, like some Republicans want to think, and it's not from the greed of big business and "the rich", as some Democrats like to believe. It's a matter of the greed of the people wanting the American Dream without earning it the hard way. Debt, credit, loans, are why we are in this predicament. So don't lament like the world just came to an end and don't jump for joy like the saviour of the world just got elected...God is in control, still on His throne, and Jesus is still the only One who can change the human heart. If you want to hope in something, hope in that.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Kristy,

This sure sums up what has been on my mind and heart this week. It's the greed of this country that frustrates me. We are living the American Dream here in our house at the beach we have RENTED for the past 32 years and we are CONTENT and BLESSED. We will not go into debt that we cannot manage to keep up with. It is expensive here but I don't want to live anywhere else. We have at least succeeded on Prop. 8 for now. I don't object to them having all the rights we do if this is what they choose. Just don't insult God and me by calling it a marriage. This election was no surprise to God but we must continue to pray for the unborn babies even more now. Jesus's words that we are in this world but not of it rings so true now more than ever. Strangers in a strange land is okay for me. Okay, I am stepping down from my soap box for now and want you to know I love you and hope you are having a blast up there and being blessed every day. We are down here.

Love and Hugs, Laurie in Ca.

Rachelle said...

Amen sisters!!!

Kristy said...

AMEN TO THAT!!!!! Very well said, my thoughts exactly!!!!

Love and blessings, Kristy

Sharon said...

I loved reading that.

Also great shots below and happy birthday!! I am so glad to see your posting again. The world is a little better off with your beautiful and wise perspective on everything!!
Love, s

Kimmy said...

I agree . . . and I'm not even American. Greed is a problem all over the world; and YES, God is in CONTROL!