Thursday, November 13, 2008

Advent Conspiracy Promo Video

I borrowed this from the Barna's blog(thanks for posting it Liz!)
This speaks my heart - I could not have said how I feel any better.
What have we let CHRISTmas become in our lives and in our homes?
I became depressed leaving Costco the other day; after
seeing toys that were $200-300+........and watching people buy them.
**sigh**
This year I am so excited - I have made all our gifts
and it has been SO fun!
Our kids are getting something from mom and dad - but we have SO come full
circle on that; we're focusing on others - not just at Christmas,but all year long......
In fact, that leads me to a giveaway I'll be having here soon!
It's a little something that will help you to focus on Jesus and
your family everyday in December....and there might be chocolate involved as well!!

Blessings on you all.

8 comments:

Amy in Oregon said...

This is wonderful . . . thanks for posting, Kristy!!

Sherri said...

Thanks for sharing this. I can't wait to show my husband.

I agree with you!

sherri

a portland granny said...

I am so glad you are back! I've missed hearing about your precious little family! Your post was so "right on" today. Good for you for making all of your gifts--for me it is hard to come up with ideas for everyone. We are not exchanging among adults this year, but rather pooling the money we would have used and are going to send to a family missionary in Peru. So hopefully this will be a tradition we will want to continue through the years.

Happy Christmas.

Lori said...

I sure pray you post some of the gifts you made for the kids this year. I wouldn't know how to begin really. This is the first year I stepped out and am helping make the costumes for the kids program.

The video was good and convicting!

Lori

Kristy said...

Great post!!! Thanks for sharing this.

Love, Kristy

Susan said...

Thank you so much for your kind words! My heart is burdened that our nation has drifted so far from Him. Just today I saw where Vermont has taken the Pledge of Alleg. out of the public schools as it has "one nation under God" in it.
God is still on the Throne and prayer CAN change things! :)
I couldn't get the video to play, but will try later!
Blessings to you and your beautiful family!
Susan.

Sharon said...

Our church showed that!! Great idea.'

I love your hallowencostumes, John wantd to go in those!! he had it all planned but no time to go shop so Bailey was the onlu one to wear hers.

(Can you tell I have a lap mate by the typing!>>) ahah

Kimmy said...

Great post, Kristy!