Friday, May 16, 2008


Okay. So here's me looking at what used to be a lake.
Probably not terribly exciting to you, I know.
But, this lake, Roslyn Lake, has been part of my childhood,
teenhood, and adulthood....is teenhood a word?
I'm not going to make this post all sappy on ya, don't worry.
The powers that be (huh?), say that the lake is no longer needed, so
they've decided to drain it and ......well, I'm not sure - build houses
or something on it.....

There's a lot of memories out there....

**sigh**


Time to insert cute kid picture.


Our oldest two walking around in the lake bed hoping to find
someones lost treasure....



Another cute kid picture....

This post is going no where really fast!
So, Ill leave you with this mornings view of our nursery.
*~*~*
Joys:
memories
life itself
the weekend
nice weather
that you all still read this blog, even when it's lame......
**
smiles**
Choose to make your weekend beautiful.
Blessings ~

11 comments:

Rob said...

I tagged you and I hope you will play 'cause I'd love to get to know ya better! ;)
Your nursery is heavenly, wish my thumb wasn't so brown.
Our lake looked like that last year but it was because of drought!

The Ferrill's said...

ugh...sorry. didn't know husband had been on the computer! It's Laine! Not Rob! ;)

Greg and Steph said...

LOVE YOU!!!!
Steph

Walker said...

LOL!!! Lanie! You crack me up!!!!

Hey Kristy!! I think your nursery is divine!!
I can't remember to water my plants... maybe that's why they're a ....little.. brown?
lol!

Rachelle said...

Wouldn't it be better to build houses around a lake....instead of on top of a dried out one???? I too would be sad : (
Have a great weekend! You wouldn't want to come and plant some flowers for me would ya???

Amy in Oregon said...

I think you are wonderful, Kristy!! Thanks for the walk down memory lane (and the cute kid pictures)!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

How fun to share your special place with your beloved children.
Your nursery is beautiful!

Ruthie said...

Sorry about your lake. Progress is not always fun and we hate losing the special things we've enjoyed for so long! I would hate to see a lake go, too.

Nice cute kid photos, tho'

Meredith Teagarden said...

Oh I know what you mean about lakes that are not going to be the same! SAD!!

Kimmy said...

So sorry about your lake. Your nursery view is amazing! Have a great week!

Lori said...

Oh I just love all of your pictures. Our guest room is almost available so I can use the computer again. Guest room and computer room is one in the same.