Friday, April 11, 2008

Savor each day.

I was there, when you went to be with the Lord.
I wonder what it was like.
Did you run up to Him and fall at His feet?
Did you gasp, taking in all that was around you?
Did you toss your head back and laugh joyously?
I wonder.
I was there.
I saw them working on you.
The kids and I prayed.
We watched Lifeflight come, and then land right in front of us.
They stayed for a bit, and then they left.
Without you.
Were you already in His presence?
I wonder.
We prayed for your wife and your family.
For some reason it felt wrong that I knew before she did.
But, I knew that someone was on their way to her.
Lord, be with her right now.
*~*~*
Not really being able to go into all the details;
a dear man to many suddenly, tragically died this morning -
Please pray for this family.
Blessings ~

9 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh Kristy. I am so sorry.

To be there to witness someone's last moments on earth will change you forever. What a gift that you were there to pray for the family. That mattered.

You helped.

Sherri

Jewels of My Heart said...

I am so sorry......... I will lift them up in prayer.... the one comfort is in knowing that he is now in the arms of Jesus...
May his family feel their Lord's peace and healing as He holds them in His loving arms.

Rachelle said...

Sooo sorry Kristy. ((((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

LetmeknowWhatHappenedWhenYouCan....

Kelly

(spacebarBroken)

Laurie said...

Hi Kristy,

I just got back in town last night and read your post today. I am so sorry for this to have happened and so glad that you and the kids were there to pray for him. It is so sobering to witness this, isn't it? I am praying for this family right now. How life changing for them, forever. I think about you all the time and we need to do some catchin up.

Love you, Laurie

Steffie B. said...

Thinking of all of you....

Walker said...

Oh Kristy,
So sorry for the loss! Praying for you and his family too!!

"He heals the heartbroken and bandages their wounds."
Psalm 147:3

Sharon said...

Wow! I came over and you have had a hard morning! I will pray for his family but i love the post thinking that he is in such a wonderful place.

The outfit arrived and we just adore it!! You are so sweet and kind to us! I cannot tell you how much it means to me coming from YOU!!
Thank you.
I will post a photo of it soon,. I already took it i just have to download!

You take care!!!!

Kimmy said...

Praying for all, Kristy. ((HUGS))