Friday, April 04, 2008

New babies

Good day!
Big excitement around here; we have 35 new little baby's.
I was going to mention something about them ending up in our freezer - but that sounds awful.
Oh.
Anyway, my ducks aren't all that impressed....
So, at the risk of making a CERTAIN unnameable PERSON
cringe, because I haven't posted an Ellie picture yet....and OregonAmy, oops, SHE
doesn't want to see pictures of ducks.....
Here's Ellies first look at the new baby chickens......and that cute cheesy "smile" again;

I don't think she said a word. Just smiled and stared.
Well, yes - I'm going to show you these cute guys....
Hard to think those will be on our dinner table, huh?
BELIEVE me, in a couple of weeks they WON'T be that cute anymore.....
My babies again, who we will NEVER eat, right Mark?
Here's a close up for you AMY.
Handsome boy.
This is Henry. Yes. He is named, thank you.
And that's Daisy's rear back there ....
Oh, and this is for Sharon.
( Okay, and you too AMY - oops, 'nameless person' )

video

Just wanted to show off to Rachelle........;o)

*~*~*
Joys.
the beautiful weather we've had
new bark dust
living on a farm
my children's laughter
friends, in real life (AMY) and in this blog-ville!
*~*~*

Make it a fantastic weekend!
Blessings ~

13 comments:

Amy in Oregon said...

OK, first off, thanks for the cute pictures of Ellie. but i must admit, those little chicks got an 'awwww' our of me . . . thanks for sharing. And as i was scrolling down and read the line about the babies you'd never eat, well, i thought you were talking about your kids. Don't know if i was happy or disturbed to see those ducks:-) thanks for the post . . . made my morning smile!!! your friendship is a blessing!!!

Lori said...

Wow! That is a lot of babies. Have fun! I love all the pictures.

Lori

Rachelle said...

I LOVE IT, so does Ellie!!!!!! I can't believe you're going to eat them. Yes, I..... a farm wife said that. That's why we have no animals except dogs and cats : ) I had to bucket feed calves one time when we were first married, and I cried when they took them away to market. (I digress) You're right though, they do get ugly soon enough. Ok, now you're next sign is to learn duck. Two fingers over the thumb, by the mouth.

Tina said...

Hi Kristy,
I just have to tell you that your blog is my favorite! I just love the pictures you post and your way with words! I have to check in all the time just to see what you have posted! And that ELLIE of yours-who can resist that! :)
Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Tina

Walker said...

Oh, what fun!! I love baby chicks, & you're right.. in a few weeks.. you'll be ready to eat them! lol!!

Rachelle said...

We watched the chicks again, because Ellie wanted to see them. She always reaches her arms out to hold them too. She sooo wishes she could come over and hold one, and play with Ellie!!!! Me too!!!!!

jennifer said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I just read your whole trip to China. What a sweet baby you have. Congratulations!

e-Mom said...

Thanks for posting all the pics. I'm loving every.single.one.

Give Ellie a hug from me. Love her to bits!

e-Mom :~D

Laurie said...

These pictures are so great, I love every one of them. Your ducks are just the cutest, next to Ellie. I got your email and will answer soon. Hubby is on vacation and needs my attention:) Love you girl and isn't life wonderful?

Love and Hugs, Laurie in Ca.

Ruthie said...

What neat pictures! The little chicks remind me of a story my mom told me about when I was a little girl in China. My parents had gotten a duck to be used for my birthday dinner. I put a string on it and walked it around as my pet! When I found out it was to be my dinner, I cried and said "I'd rather have a pig for my birthday!"
Smiles to you. Ruthie

Lori said...

I just stopped in to see how your weekend was. I'll be back later!

Lori

Sharon said...

Oh thank you thank you for that precious sleeping baby shot! So ,so sweet!! I also love that cheesy smile. What a little personality she has! You all are so lucky to have all those cute chicks! Even if you are going to eat them. Talk about farm fresh!

Kristy, did you receive my email? I sent it Sat morning. I am Flathfam1@sbcglobal.net if you want to try. It is strange how they don't get through.

Anyway, have a great day!!! Keep taking pictures!! hehe

Oh yeah,,,Is she still a little singing performer? Is there a little children's choir at your church she can belong to!?!? I think she has talent!

Ruthie said...

Thanks for stopping by...I answered your note on my blog, but don't know if that's the correct protocol or not. (I'm still new at this). I'm hoping to tell some stories of China on my blog eventually.
Have a great day.
Hugs