Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm rich

So, we are not going to travel this week.
Want to hear something cool?
I'm totally at peace with that.
Really.
It isn't just lip service when I say my God is in control. I firmly believe it.
I trust Him.
He knows what He's doing.
There is a comfort in knowing that.
*~*~*
The other evening, we were with some friends. Our two little boys were running up their stairs and then back down, again and again.
They both were so cute, and when they finally came over to us - they were both sweaty - in fact there's nothing more sweeter than to hear a little 4 year old say "I'm sweaty mom!"
(it must be that adorable little voice!)
When we took off their shirts - both of them had hair sticking up.
We all had to laugh.
Then we all settled down and had a prayer time -
7 children
4 adults.
I was overwhelmed - praying with precious friends, sweet children who fill our hearts....
and I thought;
I am so rich.
Whether it be friendship, children, our spouse's (remember, mine's THE MAN)
a church home that blesses our socks off, or
for us, getting ready to go out on the most amazing journey of our lives - to be blessed to call a child that I didn't birth, my own ~
I'm rich.
I'm blessed.
I have peace, I have joy, I have contentment.
*~*~*
Blessings ~

8 comments:

Rachelle said...

Great perspective! I am blessed for knowing you!

Amy said...

God bless your trip, and bless all of you in these sweet days leading up to your daughter.

Laurie said...

Love this Kristy and when it is time to go, you will be so ready. Miss Ellie is waiting in China, you are waiting in Oregon, you both are connected at the heart in Jesus. His time is perfect and just think of the patience you are learning here without pulling your hair out!:) You aren't pulling are you?:) Love you girl and I am praying for the NEWS!!!

Laurie

Lori said...

What a wonderful post!

I feel your contentment my friend.

Love Ya lots,

Lori

Steffie B. said...

Just lovely! ;)

Kimmy said...

You always set me off into a teary-eyed state. I loved this. Yes, you are rich. And so am I.

GWEN OATSVALL said...

blessings for your travel and thanks for sharing your faith ...it gives me strength to read others journeys and how they view each step ... just think of all the blessings missed in a day if we dwell on tomorrow ...

Mary said...

Thanks for the sputtering and gasping on our site. :-) I can attest to the wait....it is a difficult thing! I cannot wait to see Ellie Grace in your arms!!! She's a cutie-patootie, for sure!
Mary