Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm so NOT a poet.......


Twas the night before Christmas
and as I sat thinking of things I hold dear,
I thought of all the blessings over this past wonderful year.
My children, my husband, the joy of being his wife
There is no way to express the fullness of my life.
********
*****
In awe, I thought of all the precious bloggers that have become so dear,
Some of them far and yet in my heart, near.
Kimmy, with her sweet, sweet beautiful smile,
I love her dearly, even though I haven’t “talked” to her in awhile!
Steph, who should be my sister - I wish it could be so,
But then I'd want to be at her house everyday, and what a distance I’d have to go!
******
Amy In Oregon, your truly such a blessing,
You have been my everything in this adoption journey, I’m never left guessing!
Rachelle, your beautiful, honest and have taught me much,
We share names of daughters and husbands and such.
Robin, you amazing wonderful talented gal who makes poetry look slick,
I hope my attempt doesn’t make you sick.
******
Emom, your wisdom, your words hold truth that none can deny,
To God be the Glory comes from your blog; His name be praised on High!
Daleea, oh my goodness girl, precious is what oozes out of you,
Your blog is a treat, it’s a daily visit I must always do!
Lori, oh Lori, why can’t we be neighbors sitting on your porch swing,
Perhaps when we get to Heaven, I’ll ask for that one little thing!
Steffie, your adorable funny and sweet,
Your tribe make us laugh and smile, they really are a treat!
Amy in Germany, so beautiful, orphans are truly your heart,
You’ve been my first bloggy friend, right from the start!
**************
When “what? What has happened? Whats that, that you say??”A precious little blessing from Shanghai is coming to stay??!!!
The shock, the excitement, the tears and the Joy
It’s finally happening, it’s a girl not a boy!!
And all of those precious bloggers, when hearing our news, Oh my!
Rejoiced with us, praising the One Most High
*******
I have been so blessed by so many, so many you see,
The Walkers, Becky, The Oatsvalls, Amy, Mom of 5 and Elizabeth (whos going before me!)
There’s also a special lady, whom I’m going to call
Laurie in Ca., your words to those hurting, comfort all.
***************
Sweet Jesus in Heaven, I don’t deserve all that You do.
You’ve given me life, to the fullest, I shall never be blue!
So as I close my hokey, but heartfelt little rendition…
Guess what, we just paid off my Ford Expedition!!!!!!!!!!
and for that I am EXCITED !!
********************
************
Like I said- hey, I even warned you, I am not a poet.
Not even a little!!
Precious Blessings to you all~
Have a wonderful, Christ filled, Christmas!
Lots of love from Oregon.
xoxoxo

11 comments:

Walker said...

AWW! You're so sweet!! ((HUGS))
Merry Christmas to you too!!

Lori said...

You brought tears to my eyes.

This post was so very thoughtful. I think with all the things going on in my life and my boy coming home in two days, I am a little emotional.

You have no idea how much you blessed my heart tonight.

Love you dear friend

I can't wait until that day we can sit on that swing together.

Lori

Merry Christmas to you and your very sweet and loving family

Rachelle said...

WOW!! You are awesome! You seem to be a momma to be, with a whole lot of energy!!! You must be nesting : )
Merry Christmas to you too friend! I too have learned so much from you, and the others. (not the ones on Lost either)
Love ya!
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!!!!

Amy said...

I wish it included a photo of you with Ellie but I know that that photo is coming very soon...can you say weeks! Not years, not months but only a few weeks and you will finally have your dear girl! I can not wait! Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of this amazing blessing! God bless your whole family (near and far) this Christmas. XXXOOO

Steffie B. said...

Awwww.htat was cute....I loved it! ;)

Jewels of My Heart said...

Oh, Kristy, but you are my dear! I loved it! It was sweet and festive, filled with love and praise. I am honored and touched that you included me in your wonderful poem. I am very excited for you about the loss of a car payment! Woohoo!!!!!!!
Merry Christmas dear friend, we have so much to be thankful for!
Hugs

Mom of 5 said...

All of that right back at you !
Have a wonderful Christmas !

Kimmy said...

This is such a cute post! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas too, Kristy!

Anonymous said...

you are the best, kristy!!
Thanks for the sweetness!
Merry Christmas!
-Amy in oregon

Lizard said...

Love it!! Love Ellie Grace's referral pic!! Thanks for all the comments you leave on the blog!! What an amazing journey!!

Laura said...

That is beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful holiday.