Tuesday, November 06, 2007


I am still on a cloud.

Last week I couldn't do much of anything, we hardly even homeschooled - I felt like I was bumping into walls! who knows, maybe I was!!

Here. Lets take another look at that adorable little face:




These pictures are so sad ! They're not the greatest quality, are they?

At this point, we're just at the waiting stage (once again!) to find out when we can travel to get her. Our agency seems to think it will be quick. We'll see. The thought did occur to us that we might possibly be gone over Christmas, again; we'll see what happens!

While we were reviewing her referral; we were faced with some scary "issues" that she may of had - does that make sense? Anyhow, God not only took those away, He took them completely away. It was truly amazing. We were told by different doctors "NO,she does NOT have this, or NO, she does NOT have that. Syndrome's that I had never even heard of before that either China had diagnosed her with, or a doctor was mistaken about.
Amy in Germany: your post on Hep B was so incredibly timely for us, I learned a lot from you - we thought that was an issue that we had to face, only to find out I read the results wrong.

All this babbling on to say; God did something amazing in this girls heart. Our little peanut has webbed fingers and toes (all of them). I wasn't going to share that, but I mean, once you see the pictures of all of us when we're in China, you would definitely know anyway!
So, at first I was........not sure how to explain it. Concerned? Apprehensive? I don't know. Something. But, then all these other things started creeping in, different needs that we were not prepared for at all. But you know what? During all that, the needs that she did have became like nothing to us. Now I've probably lost everyone.......I'm sorry if I'm all over the place. What I'm trying to say is: I was once scarred of the little things that she had to face, but in light of the bigger issues she could of faced, I had incredible peace. Peace about it all.
Oh man. I just reread all that. If your still reading - sorry!

All that to say; God, you are so truly amazing.
Thank you so much.
I am so blessed.
Blessed by this little peanut, who I stare at all the time.
Blessed by all the AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, WONDERFUL people whom I have "met" because of this adoption.....
you know who you all are!
***big happy content sigh here***

xoxoxoxo

12 comments:

Rachelle said...

Love that pouty look!

Jewels of My Heart said...

She is beautiful... no wonder why her Mama stares at her precious face.
I thank Jesus that the serious issues turned out to not be true.
I also want you to know that I understood exactly what you were saying in your post.
God's Speed friend to your sweet, sweet baby girl.

Kimmy said...

Thanks for posting with more information about your new baby . . . my prayers are with you in all ways about everything you shared.
((HUGS))
Kimmy

Amy said...

She is so sweet! I could look at her all day too...and dream of her at night. I hope you can have those fingers and toes easily corrected. Even if you can not (but I'm sure you can) she will be in the best of hands! She has a family that loves her, and a God that loves her even more! I hope you get back before the end of the year so you can claim her on your taxes! I'm so earthly minded some times...but I hope that happend too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your heart, kristy. now we know how to pray for you sweet girl!!
-Amy in oregon

Lori said...

This post brings back so many memories! I remember my mom going through the same this as you are going through right now. Once she seen those adorable faces, she couldn't wait to get her daughter's.

I will keep praying for you dear blogging friend. I still wish we were neighbors.

Lori

mommy24treasures said...

oh I totally get everything you are saying. Congratulations on your newest blessing.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I do remember these thoughts,Prayers,and only looking to the Lord for answers.
I am Lori's Mom and we have been in your shoes two times. One from China now 10 years old and one from Cambodia now 6 years old.
God was totally in control in bringing our children home.
My Prayers are with you as you go forward to bring this precious child to her forever family.
When I now look back I am amazed at what God did, how he provided, and how He let me get on a plane, first time ever and fly to China.
If I could share all my Blessings and my fears that God took care of it would take a very long time.
May God continue to lead you and Bless You!
If I can help encourage you I would be happy too.

L's Mom Diane

Steffie B. said...

God gave her to you for a reason.....you will be her forever family! ;) She is darling!

Laurie said...

Cutest little "Lovebug" ever. Miss Ellie Grace, I love that name. There is a "mini novel" on the way to you.

Have a most wonderful and joyful day.
Laurie in Ca.

ManyBlessings said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I had to come right over here and see your baby girl. Oh my..she is so precious! I'm sure you are over the moon with joy. :) Congratulations and thanks again for stopping by!
d:)
www.prayingthemhome.blogspot.com

e-Mom said...

You have the best attitude, Kristy. I hear your heart, your concerns about her hands and feet, your desire to be a blessing to this little one. She has the sweetest face, and who wouldn't want to be a Mommy to Ellie Grace?

Trust the Lord to surround you with other adoptive Moms who can help you along the way. Stay strong in Him!

((((Hugs)))) e-Mom