Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hey, guess what?


I did something that I had been putting off for far too long.........


I mended a relationship.

I made the first move, contacted this person and made.things.right.

The few hours before we were to get together; I kept praying: "not in my strength, Lord, not in my strength". I wasn't nervous - actually I was anxious. Anxious to fix this, to lay it all out.....

Praise God.

He makes all things new. Doesn't mean things might ever be the same again, in fact this person and I agreed to disagree. And thats okay.

You know what I feel now?

Huge weight lifted off the 'ol shoulders.
Free.
Peace.
Can I just encourage you all - don't put it off ANY LONGER.
You know.
You know what needs to be fixed.
Make the first move and be the one to come forward.
Doesn't mean you have to see eye to eye.....
But to clear the air.......it feels so AMAZING!!
God is so good.
So good.
xoxoxo
And to that special person; hugs to you.
You know who you are.

8 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Good for you.....it is so good to make peace with things! ;)

Robin said...

Kristy, babydoll, if I'm not mistaken, I hear a little jubilation. No, make that a LOT of jubilation :). The picture is perfect for this post; your encouragement to others to follow suit? Affecting.

Doin' a little happy dance in honor of YOUR celebration :).

e-Mom said...

Amen. That's fantastic! The Lord is good. Bless you for reaching out to repair the breaches. (((Hugs)))

Lori said...

I am so very happy for you Kristy! I know how it feels to have a broken relationship. It always rest in the back of your mind. Thanks for the encouragement!

Amy said...

Kristy, you are such a gift! I'm so sorry we didn't meet.

Kimmy said...

Kristy, how wonderful that you were able to accomplish this. You are such an inspiration.

Rachelle said...

Hey Kristy, just wanted to say "hello". Hope you are enjoying fall!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

I think you are the bee's knees...
You are a beautiful reflection of Jesus and you inspire me.