Friday, September 14, 2007

Vacation pics...

So here's what Crater Lake looked like when we first got there.
Cold.
Rain/snow mix.
Miserable!
For those of you that don't know; Crater Lake is an ancient volcano that when it erupted
(???many years ago) it actually caved in on itself and formed this GIANT crater.
It is breathtakingly beautiful.
But, when we got there, you couldn't see it at ALL.
**side note: this has happened to me more than once! I got to go see Niagara Falls once when I was 12 and when we got there it was all fogged in.
Couldn't see a stinkin thing!
Anyhow, here is us 'enjoying' the sites........


Yikes.

We drove around for a bit and visited the indoor center, and learned a whole bunch of cool stuff. The whole time, our kids kept praying that it would clear up a bit, for us to at least see the water at the bottom of the rim.....

Check out how cool God is:


Yup. Serious. I actually cried. Absolutely breathtaking. When we drove back up from checking out the other things this is what we saw. The water is THAT blue.


Dude. You just can't stop staring at it......amazing creation.

7 comments:

Lori said...

I love your vacation pictures. Breath takingly beautiful, is all I can say.

Besides the cold weather it sounds like ya'll had a great time.

Lori

Amy said...

I love it there too. Oregon is so beautiful! I hope I can show it to my kids some day! I'm glad it cleared up for you. That blue is a gift from God!

Kimmy said...

Your pictures are so beautiful. I'd love to go there some day . . . the color of blue is incredible!

e-Mom said...

It truly is that gorgeous! We went there recently and yes indeed, it's that beautiful color of blue. Crater Lake is one of God's gorgeous, sparkling gems in his amazing creation. Looks like you had an awesome trip.

Today, I have a surprise for you! When you get a chance, come on over and take a look. {{{Hugs}}}.

amy said...

sounds like an amazing time!

Mom of 5 said...

How beautiful !

Steffie B. said...

Wow....those pictures are amazing!