Monday, June 11, 2007

Something I have never mentioned...

Amazing, all the things that we blog about and yet it's just a tiny bit of a glimpse into someones life! I so enjoy these little glimpses - and have come to feel like most of you are old friends.......

I wanted to share with you about something a friend and I are doing, and how God is working in my life and the lives of others.
My dear friend "Kris" and I, over a year ago now, started a marriage-mentor-encouragement-group for ladies. We've never really 'promoted' it, and yet we've had over 70 ladies come and hear what God's word says about being a Godly wife and mother, once a month! We are now starting a second group tomorrow night.
**not all these precious gals come in that one evening! We could never fit all of them in mine, or Kris' home!! God brings exactly who He wants to be there for that particular evening....
Anyhow - I don't actually 'lead' the group, 'Kris' does, as we go by "the older women are to train the younger...." doesn't mean I don't share - but she's at the season where the children are grown (one is a missionary in Russia) and shares what God has taught her over the years.

It's been amazing to see GOD, working here. Sometimes, I have no words. That we serve such a big and powerful and mighty God, and He would let little me get to see firsthand what He can do.............
Wow.
We've seen women who were ready to leave their husbands, reconsider, and then work on themselves (instead of trying to 'change' him) and now have such joy and peace (not to mention a husband who then did change as a result).........man, the stories....I could go on and on.......
What I wanted to share, is something we put together, and handed out to the ladies on Joy.
Be encouraged.

Joy
Where does Joy come from? We all go through difficult times, trials, heartaches, pain, temptation - but if we strive to keep the right perspective, we can have a peace and even joy in the midst of difficult times.
  • Joy comes when you know that the God of the Universe is listening to your prayers! If you seek to obey the Lord, He will listen to you and answer!
  • Joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit - Joy comes by giving to others. Stop focusing on your needs being met, and think about others.
  • Joy comes from obeying the Lord - When we seek to please God and obey Him, we know He hears our prayers. There is no greater way to feel peaceful in your heart than to know that God is going to answer. We must go against our feelings. They can lie to us. Proverbs 14:12 says "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death." We can choose to be happy or miserable. It's a mindset. You choose whether to think about positive or negative things........

There's more, and I'll try to post during the week.

Praising Him ~ Kristy

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

Kristy, everytime I read your blog I think to myself, "Boy, I wish I could meet her in person!" There's just something about you (and your writing) that is attractive . . . you're posts always encourage me. I loved hearing about the marriage ministry that you're involved in and I wish I could learn more about that--how you got it started, if you use a curriculum, what you've done to keep it going. I know God's been at work in all of it, and I'm sure it's so exciting to see how marriages remain intact because of the way God is using your group. And thanks for your post on JOY. I look forward to hearing more. Have a great day!

Mom of 5 said...

I have to agree with Kimmy. I wished I lived close to this kind of support.

e-Mom said...

This is phenomenal! I hope you post more about what the Lord is doing through your marriage mentor ministry. I enjoyed this glimpse, so please give us MORE! Hugs, e-Mom

Lori said...

I can't wait to read more!

Steffie B. said...

You are so inspiring. Looking forward to reading more! ;)