Friday, June 15, 2007

More Joy!


Joy (continued!)...
  • Joy comes by choosing to have a thankful spirit - God tells us to rejoice always and continually give Him thanks in all circumstances. For this is His will for us in Christ Jesus our Lord! Don't have the mindset that people and God owe you.
  • Joy comes by truly realizing all that you have been saved from - If you realize what we really deserve is Hell, and only by Gods grace are we going to Heaven, through the blood of Jesus, you can have Joy!
  • Joy comes from learning to "savor" life - Smells, nature, children, everything is a gift from God! Joy comes from not taking things for granted. Get excited over every little thing; your husband, children, and friends - and everything they do for you -you will be joyful and make them the same!!
  • Joy comes from working on our character - Be gracious. Think about others.
  • Joy comes from fitting into the role God designed you to be in - to love your husband and children, to be keepers of your home. Paul says in Romans 7:18 " I know that nothing good lives in me, that is in my sinful nature." He goes on to talk about how there can be no good in anyone without Christ. We will get depressed if we are always looking inward. Because, there is no one who is good enough to be even close to God. Even our best deeds are like filthy rags, because God is so Holy! Instead, fix your eyes on Jesus and set your mind on things above, and you will have Joy. (2 Cor. 4:18)
  • Joy comes from looking to the future - Not dwelling on the past. Proverbs 31 says " she smiles at the future."
  • Joy comes in giving yourself in service to others - First to your husband and children.
  • Joy comes by remembering that Heaven is coming very soon! - Even if we are in the midst of hardship, satan cannot steal our Joy if our eyes are fixed on Jesus, and work to have an eternal perspective on life!

Remember the martyrs, who through the ages, as well as today, have had Joy even in the midst of the most awful torture and persecution. The Bible tells us that they rejoiced that they were found worthy to suffer for Jesus Christ! Gods grace is huge!!

Praise our Lord for the Joy the Holy Spirit produces in us!

Have a blessed weekend guys !

xoxoxo

7 comments:

Robin said...

A perfect post coming from someone whose URL is "unspeakable joy in him" :). When I see that pop up, I can't help but smile.

Summer blogging doesn't compare to school-year blogging. That just means I miss my bluddies...can't seem to do very much of it these days.

(Today, however, I'm binging a bit.)

Happy weekend, I'll check in soon!

amy said...

what a beautiful post..I love the word Joy, almost used it as a middle name..It makes me smile

Amy said...

Hi, I just wanted to say Hi! So, you are saying joy is more then just a happy feeling? What would we do without the joy of knowing God?

e-Mom said...

I feel so JOYFUL, just coming here to drink in your cheerful spirit. Wonderful encouragements to joy, thanks. Have a blessed weekend! :~)

Lori said...

Thank you Kristy,

Just being able to be a part of the family of God brings much joy to my heart.

You have a blessed weekend as well,

Lori

Jewels of My Heart said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful truth. You do glorify the Lord and I see Jesus' reflection in you....
Have a wonderful Jesus filled weekend.

Lori said...

As I have popped in to see if you have a new post. I see that big "Joy" on your blog post. It makes me start humming the old Gaither song "Joy, Joy, unspeakable Joy".