Friday, June 01, 2007

I spend time every morning in prayer.
It is how I must start my day - I give everything to my Creator each morning; thanks, praise, requests, glory, more thanks, and then even more thanks!
I also ask that He would daily use me. Whether that be in my marriage, as a mom, as a friend....even as I type these words on my blog!
All to give Him glory.
This post is to do just that.
This morning as I went around and visited sites, I was overwhelmed with emotion.
All the different stories.
All the different lives.
All the pain, trials and hardships.
And yet, in most, all the joy.....

I love my life.

Does that sound stupid? I hope not, because it is so true.
I go around in this bloggy world and see into the lives and hearts of so many precious people - and every time, every single time, it puts everything into focus for me.
Not; "oh they have it bad, I'm sure glad I'm not in their shoes...." not at all.
More like....perspective, I guess.
He has ME right where He wants me. Exact-o spot.
There is comfort in that. Peace.
Contentment.

Lord God, you are most Amazing. You are such a good God.
Thank you for who YOU are in my life.
You have blessed this girls heart......You leave me speechless.
May You get all the glory, praise and honor.

Okay all you awesome commenter's, if you wanna leave some love; you must tell me first something that you do to give God glory. Come on, now - even if every comment answer is the same - I still wanna know!

Lots of love to you guys!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend.

12 comments:

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I just wanted to thank you for the sweet comment YOU left on MY blog. You will never know what an encouragement that was to me! I thought "what a sweet, sweet, uplifting person to take the time to do that. Little things - like that - that's a wonderful way to glorify God! I hope you have a blessed day and I look forward to visiting your site again soon. :)

Amy said...

I think we will all be suprised one day to learn that the stuff we had hoped would bring God glory did not matter so much to God. I think He will care more about my small acts of obedience, often unseen by most people . People can see our attitudes and our heart. They notice our joy, our peace, and our faithfulness.

Kristy said...

Yes Amy, but obeying, and our joy, and our peace, and our faithfulness DO bring Him glory - all that I do, and that I am isn't that I 'hope' to honor Him.
I am.

Great thoughts, girl! Love your heart.
Love ya~

Steffie B. said...

I give thanks to God everyday for my little tribe, for bringing me full circle in my life and now I really understand my purpose.

Kimmy said...

Kristy, it's interesting that you posted on something so close to my heart today . . . contentment. As you've probably noticed in some of my posts over the last couple of weeks, I struggle with trusting God and sometimes question His timing of things. This morning I woke up and told myself . . . "Kim, you need to just be content with where you are at in life. Savor each moment as it comes to you instead of coming up with thoughts about your future that may or may not even happen." Sometimes I steal my own joy away from myself because I don't allow myself to enjoy each moment as it comes.
You asked how I give glory to God . . . I actually try to do that in my attitude towards service that God has assigned specifically to me. i.e. being a mother, a friend, a neighbor, an educator of sorts, a volunteer in my church, even as a pet owner. Having a good attitude while using my gifts is usually easy. It's when I am called to glorify God in tasks I don't always enjoy that I struggle. But it's a learning thing--learning to trust God (there's the trust thing again) to give me opportunities that only He can provide. Sometimes those opportunities are not what I may have chosen myself, but it's growth that He wants from me. So, I work at glorifying Him in that way.
Thanks again for this post. It makes me so happy to hear you say that you "love your life." It is so evident. Blessings!

Mom of 5 said...

Have a geat weekend too !!
I also LOVE my life. It is a blessing.

Amy said...

Hi, I am tagging you to answer the following question.
What is your comfort food? If you needed something to help you calm down or just reminisce what foods would help you do this?
I love your flowers!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Kristy, you are a breath of fresh air. Oh, how He uses you to minister to all those who know you, whether in person or through your blog. Thank You Jesus for our Kristy whose heart is ALL YOURS!
One thing I do is try to share with people that the Lord is ALWAYS FAITHFUL... He is always worthy of our praise. Even when I am not walking with Him as I should, I am not faithful or worthy but He is!!! And it glorifies Him because it points to His grace and mercy... What can wash away my sin.... Nothing but the blood of Jesus. Thank You Jesus...
Your Sister in Christ Jesus
Daleea

Jewels of My Heart said...

I just wanted to say too that my children glorify Him. I take every opportunity to share with people that they are my little miracles given to me by God.... He moved mountains, and oceans to bring us together. He answered my prayers since I was a small girl with the two most beautiful, sweet, precious babies in the world. I am blessed among the blessed and I give God the glory for any goodness in me and for All the goodness He has given to me.

amy said...

What a lovely post and I am praying for Heather as well

Amy
LID 4/23/07

e-Mom said...

You are so full of joy! It's contagious. YOU are bringing glory to God that way.

What am I doing to bring God glory? I don't really TRY to bring Him glory. I hope and pray it naturally occurs, as I seek opportunities to serve Him daily. Keeps my eyes off me I guess. Blessings on your day!

Amy said...

What a great photo, I don't find my chin so easily anymore.