Monday, June 25, 2007

Can I give it to everyone?

My first award!


Dear Sweet, Cute Kim in Canada honored me with this - and I am so honored!!

Please follow these rules. I am allowed to choose five (and only 5) who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted me in some way, and have been a Godly example to me. Five bloggers who when I reflect on them I get a sense of pride and joy… of knowing them and being blessed by them.
How hard is THAT?? Every single one of you have encouraged, impacted and been an amazing Godly example to me!!
Every. Single. One.
But, I must go by the rules and choose only 5..........
Ugh.
Here goes;
Kim : Whom I must nominate back! This precious girl share's her heart completely in her posts. Her fears, struggles and joys. (not to mention her precious example of living life as a step-mom)
I haven't known her for very long, but I too feel that this is a friendship that not only is fast forming - but one I deeply cherish! Oh, just click over to her blog and when you see her cute face smiling back at you; you 'll fall in love with her as did I !!!
Robin
Where to even start with this girl ?? Robin has taught me much about myself, and at the same time - cause's me to laugh out loud in front of my computer!
I hug my babies a little tighter- appreciate my dad's life while he was here on earth ,a little more- and so much more.....all because of my Robin. hee hee
There's just something about this girl (notice how I keep using the word 'girl'?)
We don't know each other that well, but I'm drawn to her blog.
Whether it's her cute smile, her cute- cute- CUTE kids, or her cute words......that's really how I would describe her!
Her faith and love for our Heavenly Father shows clearly in her writing.
She's one Godly gal in my book.
This girl, I believe, was my very first blogger Buddie friend. She has a special place in my heart......awwwww!!
A adoptive mom, who's been there and back; I have learned SO MUCH from her. She has shown incredible strength and faith - when times were extremely rough. Most would not have come through shining, as she clearly has.
God Bless you adorable heart Amy - I luv ya!
Oh, this is not fair. I have to choose only ONE more - how is that possible??? **sigh ** I must. So my final choice is:
When I'm a grandma - I wanna look as good as this girl !!
Lori's wisdom, her faith, everything about her radiates Jesus Christ.
Going through huge changes in her life right now, she keeps perspective.
Always giving God credit.
You amaze me Lori, and thank you for being the example that you are!!
I feel terrible though, you guys; being on vacation - I don't have much time to blog - but I REALLY wanted to get this one out there and done, so that I could honor my buddies! I could have, and maybe should have, gone on and on about each one of you. I'm sorry for making these all so short about each of you, but please know that you all totally and completely ROCK in my book! (that goes for all my awesome buddies that I didn't get to mention or nominate!)
Love to you all (from Seattle!!) ~


9 comments:

Beckyb said...

That is so thoughtful - I am flattered - I often don't feel very uplifting!!! Thanks for making my day and encouraging me!! You are a dear!

Kimmy said...

Kristy, thank you so much. You already know how much I appreciate you--you definitely have the gift of encouragement. I'm looking forward to visiting the other bloggers you gave this honor to. Take care, and I hope you are having a GREAT vacation!

amy said...

congrats!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Congratulations Kristy... what a beautiful award to receive... you are well deserving.
Thanks for sharing you with us.

Lori said...

Thank you! You are so wonderful, you deserve this award!

Robin said...

KristyKristyKristy...

#1 - I am so glad for you that Kim honored YOU with this...what a lovely "first". Congratulations, Bluddy (blog + buddy).

#2 - I'm touched that you thought of me. On some very real level, it's clear you and I connect...perhaps in part because we do verbal gymnastics--ha! I can see your cartwheels flippin' when you get excited.

On a more serious level, though, I appreciate that you see me...not just see me but S E E me...enough to hear what's beneath the surface. I'm so glad our paths crossed, and I'm trying to remember now how it began...was it the Blog party? or through e-mom? Perhaps little more than a divine appointment...:).

Anyway...thank you sweets...this made my night. Tomorrow you've given me something to think about :).

Amy said...

Kristy, you sweetheart! All I can say is thank you for your kind and thoughtful words. I believe God allowed us to meet in this odd way (blogging about adoption). I hope your vacation is wonderful! I hope the weather is good, it often rains in Seattle. Have a good cup of coffee for me. I look forward to the day we meet in person. Our visit probably will not be long, but I will be grateful to give you a hug in person. Until then thanks for the online hug! You are wonderful, and I hug you right back!

e-Mom said...

Wonderful choices. (I know Lori and Robin quite well). And congratulations to you too. I hope you're enjoying your Seattle visit.

Meanwhile, I've tagged you for the Restaurant Meme. When you get back, come over and take a look.
Hugs!

Steffie B. said...

you have a wonderful blog and I enjoy coming to visit you! ;)