Tuesday, May 01, 2007


Happy May Day !
The kids and I started a tradition every year where we would sneak flowers onto the front door step of a few select people in our lives.
Last year we had a blast doing it. We don't really have "neighbors", if you call the people "next door" living on 40 acres? But we did leave a hanging flower basket at the home closest to our place - she was actually outside, so the kids tried to stall her while I ran it up to her door......it was very cute, as the kids didn't know what to talk to her about ( they thought that they would give it away if they said too much! )
Mission was accomplished though, and she loved it.
All that to say that, darn it, it won't be happening this year.
I'm sick.
One of those that isn't seeming to want to go away......you know how it can be.
I'm tired all the time. Yes - I'm heading to the doc......
NOT TO COMPLAIN HERE , FOLKS.
All is good !!
Just haven't been posting much......
I visited a few of my fav.'s in blog land, but didn't comment- so here goes;
Robin - I'm STILL laughing ~ Oh Lordy !
Kimmy in Canada - praying all is well with you??
Rachelle - Miss Ellie is as beautiful as ever. I love your honest heart girl !
Amy in Germany - as always; I'm praying.
Kim - your little man is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!! Looking forward to seeing more of him this month !
Emom - AHHH, when do you get home??!!
Jewelsofmyheart - ***smiles***
Lori - always wonderful to check in with you! Love your place!
Theres more of you......but I need to end this post.
Have a great week all !!
xoxo

8 comments:

Rachelle said...

Kristy,

miss our long "talks". We are very busy. Mark with planting, me with Ellie and graduation. Got the garage painted today. Thanks for checking in on us. Would love to sit down with you & a cup of coffee. So much to tell you!!

Love ya,
Rachelle

Kimmy said...

Kristy, I hope you're feeling better soon. I love your idea about "May Day". I might have to start that tradition myself out here. I live on an acreage too, so I know what you mean about "neighbors". It's so strange not to see anyone but my own family day in and day out. But I wouldn't change it for anything . . . I love the fact that my dogs can bark as loudly and as much as they want, my boys can cruise around the yard expending tonnes of energy, I can speak loudly (yell, even), and no one will think I'm psycho mom, because no one can hear me. Country life is where it's at.
FYI . . . all is well with me at the moment. I can't blog much right now, due to a project my husband and I are working on, but I can't complain. Life is good. Take care.

Jewels of My Heart said...

Kristy, you are sooooooooooo sweet! I am sorry you are not well and I pray you will be better soon.... Take care of you and God bless you
Daleea

Amy said...

I hope you start feeling better! Thank you for your prayers. We had a pretty good day. It's not as good as I want it to be...but still good! Love you!

Mom-of-5 said...

I hope you feel better. I love your idea. I may have to try that and suprise a few folks.

Jewels of My Heart said...

I hope you are feeling better...

e-Mom said...

So sorry you're under the weather... I pray you recover very soon.

Thanks for your personal note here. We're back home and it's full speed ahead. We spent some time with extended family, dealing with aging parent issues. It's a hard time of life for the older folk.

Happy May Day to you. I had forgotten about the tradition of hanging flowers on neighbors' doorknobs. Sweet!

(((Hugs)))

Robin said...

Soooo, yeah...I'm late...:/

I'm trying to remember what I posted that had you in giggles (I'll have to go back and look). I LOVE to laugh and it's much more fun with a friend. Glad to put some endorphin sunshine in your day :).

BTW, I had to scroll over your links to see "who" made you laugh and it was me. That might be the nicest thing anyone has ever said behind my back ;).

Merci beaucoup, mon amie!!!

Love your May Day tradition, hate that you weren't up for it this year, HOPE you're better by now.