Saturday, May 19, 2007

A-d-o-p-t-i-o-n

When I first started this blog, it was meant to be mainly about adoption.

I've noticed that it's been quite awhile since I've said anything about our journey....sooooo, I'll give you some facts:



Our paperwork was "logged in" into the China Center of Adoption Affairs on February 17, 2006. In the past, (as my fellow 'waiting' bloggy friends already know) this process used to take 6-8 months or so from the date you 'logged in' to when you traveled to get your child.

As you can see, we've been waiting for 15 months now - and really don't have any timeline as to when we may get our referral ( matched ) let alone travel.

I just want to mention real quick, that we're okay with the wait. Not thrilled. But okay with it. God knows what He is doing, and thats good enough for me.

Anyhow- we have already chosen a name, (and actually I've shared this before,) but we have decided to name her Ellie Grace. Or "L-wie in Tine-a" as my 3 year old says. Ellie will be sharing a room with her (almost) 12 yr old sister, who by the way is beyond excited about this ! Really. (thank goodness!!)
I thought about going into how we came to choose adoption.....but naw, I did that early on in my blogging...........
So - here we are; a family that already loves a little girl, whom we've yet to meet, and cannot wait to 'grow' our home and hearts, by adding another precious little heart.
**sigh**
All that to say, again, God knows what He's doing, and sometimes He's even let me see different reasons why it's taken so long........
one being that it has given us more time to put $$ aside, and try to raise funds. In fact, here's something cool; the last 2 summers we've been entertaining the idea of having a huge outdoor party/festival/whoop-de-doo out here. I know (and even get to sing with!) some pretty incredible, talented, Godly musicians (bands) who have wanted to do this for us - with us.
I've been starting to put the wheels in motion (slowly).......and then see what happens.
Kinda like a big party (we'd provide the meat and have folks bring food) with live music (to give Him Glory!) but here is where I'm stumped-
I don't want to ask for peoples money.
Agh! This is........hard. Any suggestions? Ideas?
One thought I had, was to hit up some of our local businesses (small town=willing owners who want to help) and then see about holding like a raffle or something..........thoughts?

Well, that's where we're at. It's all good.
I have to mention too, that you folks out here in blogger land have helped to educate me so much throughout this whole adoption journey.
I am grateful.
Thank you.

10 comments:

Robin said...

Sunday morning rush...and you might've been able to tell I've been out of the blogging loop somewhat...

BUT....

I'll think on this and try to come up with some ideas this week (and make time to read older posts of yours to see your journey :) ).

peace and grace in the meantime!

Rachelle said...

Hi Kristy,

keep the faith, I know you are. God has a very special Ellie Grace for you too! His plans are not always ours, but they are always the best! Like the concert idea, maybe just donations??? I don't know, I know the money part is hard. I'll keep thinking.

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a fun idea! The raffel sounds great but I would dedicate your party to Ellie and perhaps have a poster or someone tell your story and ask for donations to help bring your baby girl home. When we were raising money to bring our son home... we had a Boston Butt Roast sell... we sold the smoked roasts for $15.00 a piece and we ended up raising 3,000.00 They go for 20.00 around here now.
Wish we could come.

Beckyb said...

I will be curious to hear what you end up doing - we are in the same boat - always trying to raise money!! Hang in there - this wait can be SO long - we'll make it though!!

Steffie B. said...

Let us know what you come up with....hopefully something will comwe through.

Lori said...

The process is so over whelming at times but I know with my parents they are so very blessed with their two adopted daughters. I love them to death as well.

Know that I am praying for you.

shelley said...

Thanks for stopping by. I can't believe how long the wait has become. We are adopting again from Taiwan and the wait has become just about as long as China.

Here is to a wonderful summer.

shelley
www.letsgototaiwan.blogspot.com
www.finishingourfamilyfromchina.blogspot.com

Kimmy said...

Kristy, thanks for giving and adoption update. Since I'm a fairly new reader to your blog, some of this was news to me. It's great to read of how patient you've been in all of this and letting God work out the timing. He has Ellie Grace's future in His hands and He will bring her to you when He knows the time is right for everyone. Your fundraising ideas sound great; I really like the idea about the concert. I trust all will go well with that and I will pray that God will give you specific direction in the area of fundraising. Have a great day!

e-Mom said...

You have the patience of Job, PTL. I'm glad you have a trusting attitude. And isn't it interesting that you and Rachelle both chose "Ellie Grace" as your little one's name? There's a button on my sidebar (Steven Curtis Chapman) that may help you locate an adoption grant. It's worth a try!

Hugs, e-Mom

amy said...

You know what? We are okay with the weight as well? We were LID 4/23/07 and have a long wait ahead of us..
Saying a prayer for you today