Sunday, May 06, 2007

Awww man.......

Last night, I posted about a wild baby bunny (newborn!) that we had found (in our dogs MOUTH) and had been raising (getting up at night and all that)for 6 days - I wasn't going to even bring it up on my blog because you just never know with these little critters, how long they'll even live......

Yup.

This morning.

My daughter is devastated (she had been raising this thing all on her own).
Would you say a little prayer for me - we're both sad, but my answer to everything is " Hey, let's eat chocolate and go shopping!" (which we might do anyway... ;o).
We've never really had something die on us, like this........Emom, Lori (you been there done that, moms!) ? ANY of you moms deal with the death of a pet recently with children grieving??
We've already talked about how 'Nutbrown' is in Heaven right now hopping around gleefully with Jesus...!
**sigh**

6 comments:

Jewels of My Heart said...

((((((Big Hug))))))))))))))))) that is so sad and I am sorry.

Mom-of-5 said...

Time helps, but yes it is hard on the kiddos. Our rabbit died and months later the kids would bring it up during prayers.
I like the shopping and chocolate idea !

Amy said...

I love animals. So sorry!!!

Healthy Nadine said...

I'm so sorry...

*hugs*

Robin said...

Didn't I see sweet little pictures of this in Bloglines? Guess you edited for obvious reasons :(.

Sowry and many hugs!

e-Mom said...

Ohhhh, I'm sad for you and your daughter. Of course I'll pray.

We've never lost a pet (yet!). Our spunky orange kitty has been with us for 12 years. We had goldfish when the kids were little, but I guess they didn't really notice when the fish "went belly up."

(((Hugs)))