Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Where joy comes from


In a world where folks run around looking for 'temporary forms of happiness", do we really know what true joy is ? Where to find it? How to have it? That deep rooted joy that doesn't come and go, doesn't waiver, and is always there - even in the midst of awful, terrible trials...........

Psalm 16
1 Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge.
2 I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing ."
Here is where I'm coming from; We are yuk. We are nothing. We all deserve Hell. Why? Because we're all born sinners, right? Only by Jesus Christ himself dying on a cross, are we free and clear of all that we are, and deserve. When we place our trust, our faith, our lives in Him, and make Him Lord of all - then we know that we'll spend eternity in Heaven with our Creator!

Cool stuff.

Okay, but that doesn't mean we won't have trials, right? Nor, does it mean that we still won't struggle with sin, right?? Those things will continue to happen - not like the preachers on tv like you to believe that if you "come to Jesus - everything will be all peaches and cream"......nope.
It's when we obey His word then we really get things a-movin' !!!!
If all we focus on is ourselves, our hardships, our struggles, our problems....we are gonna find no-good-thing !
Our focus needs to be outward, not inward - we need to fix our eyes on Jesus.
My heart is that you would seek Him, ask if there are areas in your life you need to fix (don't we all...)and that you would find peace in our Heavenly Father -


He's a good God.......


5 comments:

Mom-of-5 said...

It is cool stuff !

lori said...

Unspeakable Joy, and full of Glory, that is what our Savior is.

Thank you for the great post!

Lori

Jewels of My Heart said...

So very true... He is our JOY!

Kim said...

it's so easy to feel joy when you look into the eyes of a child, face the sunset, see a dewdrop glistening on an early morning blossom...God is good always; even in the darkest moments! Like suffering through death of a loved one, endless darkness and cold weather...he always sends us an angel to lift us up :)

Robin said...

1) Your comment made my day.
2) When I popped over here, I realized I've "missed" your last THREE posts :( (I've seen 'em skimming through my Bloglines, but never have TAKEN THE TIME--or had it to take--to comment.
3) I don't really "have" time right now, I'm headed out in SECONDS, but I had to share the above. HAD.TO!
4) True joy IS found in Jesus, loving Him, knowing Him, and maybe best of all, understanding and believing that He KNOWS and LOVES me!

5) I'm in the middle of one of those epiphanous spiritual moments...realizing that my FORMERLY deceitful heart is good. My heart is GOOD. Guess what? That is NOT what's typically taught in mainstream churches....all we hear is that it's exceedingly deceitful above all things, yada yada. But God gave me a new one, and He's NOT an indian giver.

6) Makes me REAAAL thankful.

Happy weekend, I'll read...and process...and comment more as I'm able. In the meantime, thanks for being one of my most favorite bluddies for your kind words and encouragement!