Wednesday, April 18, 2007

" People let me tell you 'bout my best friend....."

Can anyone remember the 70's tv series that came from? I actually hated the show, thought it was boring. The song drove me nuts too.......BUT ~
the reason it popped into my head is that I want to brag-talk-mention-write about my best friend ;

My Husband.

The man.

In a culture where you constantly hear women putting down men, you rarely hear good - and you know they're out there! How incredibly sad........
Well, I have an amazing one. Sure he has his faults, don't we all? But I choose to look at the good, and my man has many wonderful, God given, good qualities.
He is not afraid to speak truth. In any, and every, situation.
He is bold in his faith, and it draws other men to him.
He is passionate for Gods word. I love this!
I could go on about how stinkin' cool this guy is.......but I have a purpose for writing this;

What do you admire in your man? Come on now, think about it - even if you can't stand him right now, you can come up with something!
If you always focus on the negative, then thats what your gonna get!
By Gods grace, with the right mind set and heart, you can...........wait a sec, here. I know what some of you are thinking; "oh, here we go. This is all good for her..."
No.
You can change things. Did you hear that?
YOU can change things, even if it looks impossible, or your done - your simply done trying. Again, by Gods GRACE and a little work on your part - things can be amazing.
I know. I'm living it.


Okay, my rule here; if you leave a comment - you must include one good trait that you appreciate in your man, something you love about him.......alright?




Blessings ~

13 comments:

Mom-of-5 said...

One good trait-it's the entire package: My husband is the most kind, genuine, loving, best daddy and husband there is...he provides balance for me. He didn't hesitate when I brought up my adoption dream. There are great men out there.

Kristy said...

Woo Hoo - mom-of-5!
You go !

Steffie B. said...

First off let me say thank you for your nice comment on my blog.

As far as my man.....he has a huge heart....he is very generous to everyone he knows. he drives me crazy sometimes.....i wonder if that's why I came across you blog today? Hmmmmmm......I'll be back!;)

Beckyb said...

What would we do without Godly husbands?!?! He affirms and corrects - for that I am grateful!!! I couldn't ask for better!!

BTW- LOVE your blog -and I will be back!!

Kimmy said...

My husband is fun-loving and spontaneous. He's helped me to relax and look at life more positively. I love him so much. We're coming up on 10 years of marriage next month, and I never thought it would be possible, but I love him so much more now than the day I married him.
Thanks for the post and the great reminder that I need to appreciate my hubby more!

Kim said...

My husband is like a rock; patient and strong. The patient part has truly been a gift of God since I've surely been putting this man through hell for most of the time we've been together with my moodiness and hormonal imbalances over THE WEATHER of all things. I love your blog too and I'll be back to read more but I have already zipped through the morning in blogland and must go take care of homework :)

Anonymous said...

My husband is fun and he's a rock when things are tough. He's a leader and an example of what a godly husband and father should be.
and i think the song is from "the courtship of eddies father" . . . racked my brain to think of that.
smiles,
Amy in Oregon

Kristy said...

Amy in Oregon - oh, aren't you the coolest chick from the 70s????? Too stinkin funny girl, you are right: The Courtship of Eddies Father.
I hear ya about the song getting stuck in your head..........kinda a nightmare, huh? It won't leave mine either!!
(still can't stand the song OR the show)
Love you my sweet friend ~

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet comment about my daughter on our website. We received our LOA today! Yahoo!

What a great topic! Husbands! My husband's strongest quality is his dedication as a husband and dad. Thanks for reminding me to tell him how much he is loved and appreciated!! :-)

Juliette
dh Brandon
ds Kaleb
dd Kayla
dd Kyra, waiting in Nanjing
www.journeytokyra.com

Jewels of My Heart said...

Thank you for the pep talk! I needed that.
I love that he can make me laugh.

lori said...

The one thing I love most about my husband is; he has put up with me for the last 21 years.

Rachelle said...

Ok, I found some time, and have to comment. What I love about my husband is.........he can fix anything. From my car to my washing machine, to my heart. Any problem I have, I know I can always count on him. Reminds me a lot of my father.

Robin said...

How much do I love this sentence of your post??: "even if you can't stand him right now, you can come up with something!"

If I'm being honest, and that's all I know to be, there are some times I can't stand his guts. After almost 20 years of marriage, that doesn't scare me either. I know it's just a season, and that in the midst of difficult times, God is at work in the midst, seeking to refine me (us) and conform us to HIM...so there's purpose and intent behind the pain.

That being said, there's much to praise in my mate--he's an amazing Bible teacher, he loves me demonstrably, and like Rachelle, he can fix anything (or almost die trying!). It's good to focus on the positive :)...

You're a precious cheerleader for your husband--I hope he sneaks and reads your blog!!