Saturday, March 24, 2007

It's RHODY time!



Now is that busy, crazy time of year for us.
We have a rhododendron nursery ( can you say rho-do-den-dron?) and are trying to get these babies dug and shipped outta here to a store near you ! (actually, we only ship to Illinois and all over Oregon.......oh, and to a few surrounding states!)

Soon, when all the plants are in bloom ( I'll post more pics then ), it will look amazing out here - they really are marvelous plants. Truth be told though; they're not my favorite (shhhh) as they are EVERYWHERE here in Oregon. They even grow wild in the mountains. But, I LOVE plants - love love them - therefore, I will love rhodys! In fact, I am a plant f-a-n-a-t-i-c.
So, my cool man is a busy boy right now preparing stock to ship today. Hes in the middle of keepingworkersbusy-balling-diggin-potting-mud-andofcourserain-to get it all done!
If ya think of it; you could pray that his back holds out for him.

I'll leave you with a picture of the nursery a few years back:



I better run, as I'm supposed to be out there trimming!

Have a great weekend!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

My dad was a landscaper. I love plants too!!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

How beautiful. I would love to be able to grow plants and flowers like that, what a gift.
I just left you a "book" on your Feb 21st post.
Your family is beautiful and I can't wait to see your baby girl.
God's Speed
Daleea

amy said...

this is a beautiful picture and a wonderful blog..I love the ladybug buttons! I need to figure out how to put them on our adoption blog!
www.thechristopherfamily.blogspot.com

e-Mom said...

You and your "other half" run a rhodo nursery? Awesome!!! I love plants of all kinds too. :~)