Thursday, March 01, 2007

I serve a pretty big God.

Snippet of conversation over the phone yesterday between ah (amazing husband) and I:

ah: 'open your bible and read Luke 9:48'
me: (flipping pages) 'okay' (reads) 'A person will become great as he sincerely and unpretentiously looks away from self to God'.
ah: 'thats not what verse 48 says?'
me: 'oh, I was just reading the notes for 48' (again reads aloud)
' Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all - he is he greatest.'

(pause)

me: 'are you referring to this adoption?'
ah: ' have you ever looked at this verse that way before?'
me: (quiet tears) 'no.......'

I have been praying that God would, through my husband, give me answers to struggles that I've been having through this adoption......

I'm sending updated paperwork in today.

2 comments:

Amy said...

How beautful! And if it gets hard, and all kids are hard at some point, not just adopted kids, love them like you would love Jesus. God will always give you the help (even in the middle of the night when they are sick)and joy to love them as you love Jesus!

Robin said...

This is one of those WOW moments. You will remember it and savor it...for a long, long time...maybe forever. :)