Saturday, March 31, 2007


"A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit."


I love Proverbs ! Talk about life instruction. Do ya think God is trying to get a point through?? (many points, actually.) Over and over, different wisdom is repeated.........you could pick one point and find it so many times, and yet half the time, we don't 'get it' do we?


Lori did a great job on her blog, talking about gossip (wince) - her post caused me to go searching (btw; she found many, many excellent Scriptures on the subject) and I found even more! Gossip, our mouths and what comes out of them are pretty serious subjects with God........you know He means business when you read it over and over again throughout the book of Proverbs. ( and elsewhere! )
Why don't we get it? I mean, I know the whole sin nature, and all that - none of us have 'arrived' for that matter - but again, why don't we get it??
When someone told me 'don't touch that or you'll get burned' - or gave me warnings, I listened.
Why don't we listen to His word?
I've learned something - instruction, discipline and correction lead to: wisdom.
Wisdom.
Who doesn't want wisdom? We could all use more in our lives some of us more than others - haha ..........
I am learning that the more time I spend in God's word, the more I find the Holy Spirit convicting me in all sorts of areas.......(again, 'wince')
But ya know something?
I like it.

5 comments:

Jewels of My Heart said...

Words of WISDOM....

Jewels of My Heart said...

Words of WISDOM....

Kimmy said...

Hey, Kristy. I read your comment on my blog about re-discovering my curling iron. Thanks for stopping by. I've just skimmed your blog prior to writing this, but I think I'll be visiting often. Hope that's okay.

Rachelle said...

Hey Kristy,

finally able to view blogs again, for a while anyway. Thanks for all your comments and words of wisdom you leave. Plus all the prayers for us and Ellie. Can't wait to share your experience with you. Hope all is going well for your family, we will be home by the end of the week. I have so much to tell you then.

Hugs,
Rachelle

e-Mom said...

Wow, so true. The more time we spend in the Word, the more we're convicted. I've noticed the older I get in the Lord, the more I'm concious of my sin. I would have thought the santification process would work in the reverse! :~)