Friday, March 02, 2007

Before we start schooling everyday, the kids and I have a short prayer time. Yesterday, we decided that in that prayer time we would start praying daily that God would use each one of us.
Not really thinking to much more about it (more like forgetting!) we went about our day and ended up at the grocery store.
As we are finishing up and heading to the checkout line, an elderly women in a wheelchair scooter, asks us where the english muffins are. I tell her "oh, your just about there, they are right around the corner" and we go over there together (because I needed them too). She then very sweetly says, " I really like the raisin kind" - oh my word, she really was the cutest thing - my daughter runs up, grabs the raisin ones off the top shelf and puts them in the lady's basket. She then turns to me with huge eyes and says " Mom, He did it !!!"
It took a second for it to click what she meant - I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the trip.

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

Very sweet! Thanks for the lesson of working everyday for the One we love! You're awesome!

Amy said...

So sweet!!!I love the simple faith of kids. Thanks for the hug! I am feeling better! I have a cold,and I'm laying low this weekend.

lori said...

I'm glad you stumbled upon my blog. My Dad and Mom adopted two little girls. They are now 9 and 4. The oldest one is from China. If you have any questions answered I will give you my moms email address. Her two little girls are so adorable.

Blessings to you and your family,

Lori

Steffie B. said...

Kristy,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. How awesome that your daughter "got it"! What great conversation you must have had onthe way home! ;)

e-Mom said...

So sweet... this brings a tear to my eye. Thanks for sharing your precious moment. You'll remember it forever! Hugs.

P.S. I was just visiting another blogger who linked to the site of Olive, a 107-year-old woman. Your story made me think of her. If you have time visit: http://www.allaboutolive.com.au/

Robin said...

Out of the mouths...out of the mouths! Keep doin' what you're doin' and they'll keep doing what they're doing :).

Well...done...!

lori said...

You sound like the perfect mother.