Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Good morning !



I found this old article written by John Piper titled " A Challenge to Women " .
Wow. This is some really good meaty stuff.

Number one on his list is;
That all of your life—in whatever calling—be devoted to the glory of God.
Love it.
For me, I love to sign my name with " In it for His glory ". ' It ' to me, means everything. Everything I do. Everything I am - all to give God the glory.
Being the best wife I can be.
Being a mom to those 3 amazing little lives.
And all the other ins and outs of life -
All to Give Him Glory.
woo hoo yea baby rock on kick butt you go girl ! ( I'm my own cheerleader - hey Amy H. - still have your pom-poms??)

I'm not your average girl here (can you tell?) - I love being a wife. I love being a mom. I love homeschooling my children. I love all the things that our culture looks at with disgust:
- Stay at home mom.
- Submitting to my husbands lead..........okay - and I want to give my definition of the dreaded word submission - " Seeking to please the other persons heart " - that's it, not so scary.
- Following and serving Jesus Christ.

Here is #11 on John's list:
That you not assume that secular employment is a greater challenge or a better use of your life than the countless opportunities of service and witness in the home the neighborhood, the community, the church, and the world.......

That one is sure to cause some hate mail!
I could of worked. I could have continued on my education. I could of done so much to further my life, my agenda........
Poop.
Really! As mothers, we have the most important job in the world. Do you realize that?? Satan doesn't want you to think that though. He wants you out there pursuing all sorts of other things...

Whew ! Whats gotten into this girl this morning? Besides too much coffee......(and the Holy Spirit!)

Dudes - your so cool and so important in your homes - don't let the enemy tell you different!
Now - go read what Johnny boy has to say!

I am so In it for His glory ~







2 comments:

Amy said...

Preach it woman! Preach it!!!

Rachelle said...

Kristy,

Great Post! If we can't be our own cheerleader, who will? Your passion for God is showing : )