Monday, January 29, 2007

Wanna hear how cool God is ??

He amazes me again and again!

As I have mentioned, we are in the process of renewing our documents for this adoption - which I have to say has not excited me in the least. But after yesterday, I know it's going to be okay.
We had an appointment with a social worker who is a new gal to our agency and for some reason I was freaked out about that. Now don't ask me why, just some weird thing on my part. I guess part of it was that I liked our original sw - she was the best! When she would do her home visits, she once brought over her chinese daughter to play with our kids. We all just loved her.

So yesterday, I'm all dreading everything - and maybe even having my own little pity thing going on because we have to go through all this again - I'm getting to something here, just hang on....
In church, we had a small prayer time and so I asked for prayer - the pastor jokingly replies that everyone needs to show up to our house at the same time as the sw in their underwear.
har.
har.
Anyway - the most precious man ( a good friend of ours too ) prayed for our family. I won't type it out here word for word, lets just say I was humbled.
We get home and I also shot out a quick email to Rachelle ( very cool adopting mom ) and asked her to pray for us.
Soooo, the social worker gets here, she's like totally cool, loves our kids, and we instantly fell in love with her !! Then we find out that she is good friends with my sister, and they go to the same church together. Hmmm.....I don't know what my major hang up was; why I was so worried about everything - why do I do that ????!!
Again, God showed me how He has everything under control.
She ( sw ) prayed with us, and by the time she was done I was a blubbering mess.

God continues to amaze me.
All these incredible folks were praying for us. Thank you. He is so faithful.


"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12


btw : I'm #5 down below here- wasn't that fun and exciting?!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Kristy-
so glad to hear everything went so well. I just don't understand why we doubt God and what He can do. But take heart, even after John saw God's spirit decending on Jesus, when faced with his own difficulties, even John the Baptist doubted, Luke 7:18-23.
I write this as much for me, as for you. As this referral gets oh, so close, so many of my doubts and insecurities come back. Thanks for the reminder of what God is always doing for us!

redmaryjanes said...

It is truly amazing what God can do. I'm so glad that he is opening the doors and bringing you peace through this crazy adoption process.
He has blessed us too and we look forward the day we are united with the daughter He has chosen for us.

Sue said...

Oh! I remember the stress of all the home visits and stuff!
God is so good!