Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Now that we're into the holiday season ( I was in Walmart today and was hearing Christmas music ) I want to share something that is my heart.
Okay, just a second here ! My comment about the Christmas music above - I love it ! You can never start playing it too early as far as I'm concerned- so leave me out of the peoplewhohateChristmasmusic club !!!!

As we gather to celebrate Thanksgiving; can I ask you this question - are you truly thankful? Are you a grateful person?
It wasn't too long ago that I was a person who was not. I felt I was owed - I deserved - I wanted and it still wasn't good enough.
Folks - I have learned true contentment, and with that comes true joy.
"Goody for you", you say? How sad. There is so much more, and it's an amazing free gift!
It's a choice I have made, not at all by my own will - only be the grace of God.
My past is not picture perfect, but it doesn't define who I am today! I think that's the problem sometimes; we stay " stuck " in our past.
You don't have to.
I have this outward focus in life. Whether that be my husband, my children, my friendships, my neighbors, the lady at the grocery store...............
I have this personal little thing that I do now; I make it my goal to smile at everyone. I'm serious, if I don't know you - even better.
It's the simplest and littlest of things we do, that can make such a huge difference in our lives. My faith and trust in my Lord and Savior is reason enough to smile, and it's because of Him that I am who I am today!
When the focus isn't on myself anymore, and it's out there - well, the results and benefits are numerous.

So as you think about Thanksgiving - I would encourage you to really ponder what true thankfulness ( gratefulness, contentment ) really is all about !

Blessings and
HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's the simplest and littlest of things we do, that can make such a huge difference in our lives.

Beautiful words of truth!
Happy Thanksgiving! I am glad we met!
- Amy Heymann