Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My heart.......

We, like many many others now, are considering going Special Needs with the adoption, but not for the reason you might think. I know folks are growing impatient with the wait, we have no problem with it, trusting that God not only knows what He's doing- but that He also has that perfect child for our family picked out.
Here is where we're at: recently I saw a short news clip on the ever growing popularity of plastic surgery in China. They said that everyone is doing it. It was explained that the way, over there, to get ahead or make more money, or to even get a mate is based on what you looked like. A woman was interviewed and she talked about how in China, inner beauty is not what it's all about anymore. That no one looks at that, it's all about what's on the outside ( kinda sounds familiar, huh ? ) I know this isn't the case just in China ~ but it really got me thinking about all those 'sn' kids. I can't put it all into words, but I felt like God was pressing on my heart the " un-adoptable" children...............do they have much of a chance? I mean, like what happens to them if they live their whole lives in an orphanage? Does China send them out on their own at a certain age ?

I don't know. It all is kinda scary, but you know what? I know that I serve an amazing God, who is in complete control and if this is the direction He is pointing us to go - then we're all for it !!!

Woo Hoo !!

Psalm 94:18-19 When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend,again,the love of the lord shines from withen you. I desire to draw closer to him when I'm in your influence.Wow,excited to see what God has in store for your family!
sincerely,
Too old to be a myspacer!